Third Future Schools: Dyad Program
Our mission is to provide students with opportunities and experiences like nowhere else.
We believe that learning happens everywhere – both inside and outside of the classroom. To ensure that our students are introduced to as many experiences as possible during their time at our school, we have created the Dyad Program.
A range of life experiences and educational ventures such as:
- Traveling to another country
- Learning graphic design or virtual reality
- Participating in sports
- Participating in performing arts
- Learning about health and fitness
- Volunteering for community service
Oftentimes, students will meet many of these requirements outside of school, by playing on their local sports team, volunteering in their community, performing in local events, or traveling with their family. However, Third Future Schools also provides opportunities to complete requirements.
The Dyad Program is based on the concept that learning comes from the acquisition of 3 things:
Some students will even get the chance to travel internationally with Third Future Schools. Examples of Dyad classes offered at Third Future Schools:
- Martial Arts
- Video Production
- Piano & Music
- Mandarin Chinese
- Sports & Media
- Illustration/Digital Art
- Vinyasa Yoga
- Fitness & Cycling
- Poetry & Performance
Dyad Travel Requirements
Opportunities for 7th grade students to travel out-of-state and 8th grade students to travel abroad! We want our students to have strong content knowledge AND broad perspective. That’s why we invest in student travel.
Last year, eligible 7th grade students traveled to Washington, D.C. at the end of May. Eligible 8th grade students traveled to Costa Rica. This year, we have budgeted for similar travel opportunities.
Third Future schools: Dyad Consultant
Are you passionate about working with youth? Do you have a unique skill set that would enrich the lives of students in your community, and better prepare them for a rich and fulfilling life? If so, we would love to hear from you!
- Flexible/part-time schedule
- Flexible class options
- Hours offered M-Th between 8am-5pm
Example classes include: Photography, Design, Yoga, Coding, Musical Instruments, Comic Book Illustration, Sculpting, Mural Making, Weight Lifting, Foreign Language, and more! We want to expose our students to the wealth of knowledge that exists in their own community all around them. What are you an expert in? Come show our kids what you know.
Contractor agrees to fulfill the following
- Plan, prepare, and deliver specialized instruction for K-8 students each scheduled school day
- Model behavior quality and habits of success
- Collaborate with teachers to assess student progress and provide grades (pass/fail) in accordance with school procedures and regulations
- Manage student behavior in the classroom by invoking approved disciplinary procedures
- Provide availability to engage parents and families to support student learning
- Exhibit professionalism and leadership skills
- Be thorough and pay attention to detail
- Dates, times, and locations are subject to change
Dyad requirements will be tracked by the school and students will be given plenty of opportunities to meet these requirements. If you have any questions about the Dyad Program, or for more information, please contact your school’s Dyad Coordinator: